Really three buildings, this historic block has been the site of three major businesses. On the east end, the first Bank of Edmonds was built in 1907. The west end was built by W.A. Schumacher in 1890 and sold to E. Heberlein in 1908 where he moved his already established hardware business. In 1907 the Bank contracted for a new building between, to be occupied by William Kingdon’s general merchandise store, now serving as Rosa Mundi’s Antiques.
Historic Plaque (1988) – Site of first bank in Edmonds “December 1904 marked the organization of the Bank Of Edmonds to serve the needs of the community. It became the State Bank of Edmonds in 1907 and occupied this building, one of the first permanent buildings built in Edmonds. The State Bank of Edmonds was acquired by the National Bank of Commerce in 1946 and later was relocated.”